QNT 565 Final Exam Guide 1
This Tutorial was purchased 5 times & rated
A by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- QNT 565 Final Exam Guide 1.docx
1) Which of the following measures is used to assess the strength of relationships in cross-classification tables?
2) As a measure of dispersion, compared to the range, an advantage of the standard deviation is
3) Inducements offered to participate as encouragement to participate in research that are disproportionate to the task are considered
4) Which type of non-probability sampling technique is most useful when individuals with the desired characteristics experiences, or attitudes are difficult to identify or reach?
5) A study is one that
6) Allison is editing a data set and finds that a response of 7 has been entered for a question that requests a response between 1 and 5. What should Allison do?
7) Five homes were recently sold in Oxnard Acres. Four of the homes sold for $400,000 while the fifth home sold for $2.5million. Which measure of central tendency best represents a typical home price in Oxnard Acres?
8) In the southeast, the potato chip market share held by the Lays brand is 46%, this is an example of
9) Suppose you cross tabulate consumption rates with income and find no apparent relationship. When age is introduced you find that there is a relationship between consumption and income within age groups. This is an example of a(n)…….. variable at work
10) Which type of research includes an array of interpretative techniques which seek to describe, decode, translate and otherwise come to terms with the meaning of certain phenomena?
11) Companies such as Unilever and Proctor and Gamble conduct research to clarify ambiguous ideas that may be potential business opportunities. What type of research is this?
12) An increase in hours of television viewing leads to increase in the sales of snack foods. This is an example of a
13) When political researchers assess opinions towards President Bush’s plan for social security reform, a(n)…….. study is used. However, when political researchers want to assess the change in opinion towards the war in Iraq from initial deployment of troops to the election in Iraq, a(n) ….. study should be used
14) Find the sample correlation coefficient for the following data
15) A population consists of the following data : 7,11,12,18,20,22,25. The population variance is
16) If the hypothesis presented is tested using a .05 alpha level and the resulting p value is .01. Which of the following interpretations of the results is most appropriate?
17) The …… is used to test the statistical significance of the observed association in cross-tabulation
18) The null hypothesis is typically rejected when
19) Which of the following involves a test of two-independent samples?
20) An experimental study is one that
21) The product moment correlation coefficient between brand loyalty and attitude towards the brand is .65 with a p value of .01. what does the sign of the correlation coefficient signify?
22) Jeremy is using an ANOVA to examine the alternative hypothesis that brand loyalty is higher among frequent fliers of Jet Blue than the reported brand loyalty of frequent fliers on United US Airways and Delta. If the P value is less than .05 and F ratio is greater than 1, Which of the following interpretations is correct?
23) Paired comparison scale result in….. data
24) The …….. is a parametric test to determine the statistical significance between the sample distribution mean and a population parameter
25) Which term below refers to the descriptors of variables computed from sample data used to estimate those same variables in the population?
26) Consider the following data: 6,7,17,51,3,17,23 and 69. The range and the median are
27) Which term below refers to a controlled, randomized procedure that assure that each population element is given a known nonzero chance of selection into study’s sample?
28) Management would like to determine the feasibility of conducting research on a new set of stainless steel cookware recently introduced on a home shopping network. Which of the following statements is not a consideration?
29) What type of data is produced by simple category scales?
30) Scott’s Lawn Care has hired Henry Associates to find out whether home improvement warehouse stores communication the benefit of various brands of lawn care products differently than smaller stores. Henry Association needs to know what is communicated to consumers in the actual settings to the stores and wants to ensure that the message isn’t filtered. Only behavioral data is required. Which type of data collection method is most appropriate in this situation?